- To become a member the applicant must complete a beginners’ course. If the applicant is an experienced archer, they must be assessed by a club coach to ensure they understand and meet the rules of shooting as defined by Archery GB. The coach will formally assess the applicant’s skill and recommend membership, where appropriate subject to further coaching or to completing a beginners’ course.
- The membership application form on the club website must be completed in full.
- Details provided on the form must be accurate.
- Payment is made on completion on the form online using a valid credit or debit card.
- Failure to pay the fee at the time of application will invalidate the application.
- Membership year runs from 1st October to the 30th September.
- Membership fees are agreed by the committee prior to the membership year.
- Membership fees are paid in advance in full for the period of the membership year.
- Membership fees taken on the website will include all national and regional membership fees. This includes Archery GB, West Midlands Archery Society, and the County of Warwick Archery Association.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
- Membership will not automatically renew at the end of the membership year.
- Renewing members will be required to complete a new membership application form and make payment prior to the start of each membership year.
- New members who join part way through a membership year will benefit from pro rata fees reducing each quarter. The price shown on the membership form will be correct for the current quarter.
A member shall cease to be a member:
(a) upon giving notice that they resign their membership; or
(b) in accordance with the terms of Archery GB’s Disciplinary Policy and Regulations in force from time to time; or
(c) upon their demise; or
(d) the Committee shall reserve the right to expel a Member from the Club. The offending Member shall be given in writing the reason(s) for the expulsion and shall have the right of appeal in the first place to the Committee and then to a Club General Meeting. In the event of an appeal, twenty-one clear days’ notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting shall be given to all Club Members. At that Meeting the Membership shall reserve the right to expel the offending member from the Club provided two thirds of the Members present so agree.
(e) any sum due from the member to Stratford Archers is not paid in full within six months of it falling due.
- To attend the Beginners’ Course, applicants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a legally responsible parent or guardian for the length of the course.
- The Beginners’ Course Application Form on the club website needs to be completed in full, to allow appropriate equipment to be prepared prior to the course.
Application and payment
- You must complete and submit the Beginners’ Course Application Form on the club website along with full payment.
- Applications are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- If multiple applications are being made, a separate application form needs to be completed for each participant.
- If you cancel your booking before or during the course, full or partial charges will apply. This is due to non-refundable costs associated with organising a course.
- Up to 2 weeks’ notice before the course: No refund.
- 2 weeks to 4 weeks’ notice before the course: 50% refund.
- Over 4 weeks’ notice before the course starts: Full refund.
- Notifications of cancellation should be made in writing as soon as possible via email to email@example.com.
- Transfers to a future course are accommodated on a case-by-case basis subject to availability. If no suitable courses are available, refunds will be made in line with the terms above.
- In the event of of Stratford Archers having to cancel a course at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be contacted and either offered a full refund or opportunity to attend a rearranged course.
- Liability insurance is provided for non-member Beginners while participating in the Beginners Archery course, including the course of training and shooting practice.
- The liability insurance cover will only apply to Beginners registered to attend.
- All beginners are required to be supervised by an Archery GB licensed coach when undertaking shooting, whether in an Archery GB or non-Archery GB environment.
Code of Conduct
- Stratford Archers is affiliated to Archery GB and abides by its policies and guidelines.
- Rules of Shooting and etiquette will be outlined during the course.
- Any gross misconduct and/or inappropriate behaviour will result in the individual being requested to leave the course, forfeiting the course fee.